First Name: Evelyn
Your Career Field: Technical Specialist
Your Career Story: Working in the tech sector for 15 years, I’ve managed technical programs, products and have helped train staff. I have worked closely with many people outside of the tech industry and have helped develop web applications and products that people use throughout the United States. Past coworkers and colleagues have asked me about wanting to be a reference when looking for a new job. Remember, everyone you meet could be a future coworker or reference. Never burn bridges and continue to network. Here are a few tips that have helped me and others in landing the best job references.
Tips to finding the best job references
- 1. Collect your references.
- 2. Choose your references wisely.
- 3. Ask for permission to use someone as a reference.
- 4. Give them a heads up about the position.
- 5. Thank them for your help.
- 6. Stay in touch.